Monday, October 16, 2017

Consumer Critique: Jarlsberg Cheese Snacks

My kids love cheese, my husband and I like crackers, and we enjoy giving fancier crackers as part of a larger gift as well. We recently had a chance to try out some new snacks from Jarlsberg, including individually wrapped chunks of cheese (perfect size for lunchboxes) and new Cheese Crisps

The Crisps are a little thinner than traditional crackers, and have a great crunch. They made a delicious topping for soup, and I liked using the crumbs at the bottom to add crunch to salads. The crackers have thinly shredded cheese on top to add a nice cheesy taste, and they come in a variety of flavors in resealable bags: Chipotle, Rosemary & Olive Oil, Garlic & Herb, Mediterranean Sea Salt.

The sea salt was a nice neutral flavor that would work well with anything. I liked the garlic - not too garlicky but still there. The rosemary was also fairly neutral with just a little different flavor from plain crackers. My favorite was the chipotle - it had a zing to it, but not so spicy that my kids wouldn't eat it.

Jarlsberg products are sold at a wide variety of food stores; the crisps have a suggested price of $3.99-$4.99. Get recipes and ideas for this delicious cheese on the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment