Friday, February 23, 2018

Book Nook: Love Colored Pencils

My daughter's art ability outshines mine. Her sense of shading and texture with pencils is amazing. So I was thrilled to have a chance to review a book that would give her even more techniques and ideas.

Love Colored Pencils is designed by artist Vivian Wong to allow for beginner artists to learn by copying exactly what they see. A technique is demonstrated, and then there's room for artists to imitate it right in the book. She has a very bright and colorful style, so it's a fun book to use. The subjects will appeal to a wide variety of artists, either beginners who want to try out new techniques or more experienced artists who want to refine what they do or get inspiration from a new source.

Colored pencils are a lot more versatile than I thought they were when I used them as a kid in art class years ago. Even I was able to imitate some of the techniques, and I'm not nearly as talented as others are!

No comments:

Post a Comment